Global TechForce offers online support to small and midsized businesses in the North America region. Our focus is to offer expert support via remote access to client’s networks, systems and servers. Global TechForce delivers world-class solutions to hundreds of clients in the United States and Canada and we are rapidly growing our client base using various advertising campaigns. Currently, we are looking for an Exchange Server/Windows Systems Administrator for a part-time consulting position. This is a remote consulting position, meaning you will be working from home.
Exchange Server/Windows Server Remote Engineer
- The qualified candidate will perform a variety of support duties associated with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and more importantly Exchange Server 2003-2010 & Windows Server 2003-2008 as well as SBS 2003 -2008.
- Support Duties include troubleshooting hardware and software problems, installation of software, monthly server maintenance and more.
- Assist client with Project Planning such as Installation and Migrations.
- This is a part time position but could also lead to full time.
- This position is for the day shift.
- MCP, MCSA or MCSE required
- 2+ years of experience in Windows environments
- 2+ years of experience in systems administration of Exchange Server 2003-2007 and Windows Server 2000-2008.
- The candidate should be an expert in Windows environments.
- Ability to describe, create, and manage system documentation, including standard operating procedures, and routine status reports; and script development
- Moreover, the candidate must be able to navigate through ambiguities, and flexible to multi-task changing priorities.
- Capability to research, understand, and follow through on deployment of security protocols that include application of security patches; installation and maintenance of third party software; develop corrective action plans to remediate security vulnerabilities; describe the assessment and mitigation of system and project risk levels, and be able to create project plans for stated projects.
- Familiarity with system backup strategies based using various tape, optical, or magnetic disk technologies.
- Ability to provide support remotely from a computer.
- VMware experience a plus.
- Blackberry experience a plus.
- Capability to work in complex Windows environments.
- Desire to develop experience with blade servers, virtual servers and storage area network technologies
- $20-35 per hour, depending on experience
- You get paid based on the amount of hours you bill our clients.
- Because you will be calling US clients and working with them over the phone, the candidate must be located in the United States.